9 Days Uganda Adventure SafariApril 16, 2022
10 Days Rwanda Adventure TourApril 29, 2022
9 Days Best Rwanda Safari Tour
9 Days Best Rwanda Safari Tour (Gorilla Trekking, Wildlife Adventure, Chimpanzee Tracking, and Culture)
On this 9 Days Best Rwanda Safari Tour (Gorilla Trekking, Wildlife Tour, Chimpanzee Tracking, and Cultural Encounter Trip), you will tour the genocide memorials, visit the Nyungwe Forest National Park with its vicissitude of primates and birds; enjoy Lake Kivu; and get two opportunities to spend time amongst the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes national park. The trip also involves a wildlife adventure trip in Akagera national park – the most beautiful national park in Rwanda and Africa.
Where: Parc National des Volcans, Akagera National Park, Nyungwe National Park, Lake Kivu, Butare, Kigali. This safari gives you the opportunity to discover the best natural and cultural sites of Rwanda.
What to do: mountains gorilla tracking, primate trekking, cultural and historical visit
When to go: Rwanda has a moderate temperature all over the year and the dry seasons are between January and march and June to September.
Who can join: anybody who likes trekking in rain tropical forests? Gorilla tracking is probably the most demanding activity, as it is long hiking along the hills of the park.
9 Days Best Rwanda Safari Tour Highlights
- Day 1: Arrival at Kigali International Airport in Rwanda
- Day 2: Transfer to Ruhengeri in Volcanoes national park
- Day 3: Mountains Gorilla tracking
- Day 4: The beach of Lake Kivu in Gisenyi
- Day 5: Traditions and culture of Rwanda
- Day 6: The primates of Nyungwe National Park
- Day 7: Akagera National Park
- Day 8: Game drive in the Akagera National Park
- Day 9: Reserved for departure flights from Kigali International Airport.
Detailed 9 Days Best Rwanda Safari Tour
Day 1: Arrival at Kigali International Airport in Rwanda
On arrival at Kigali International Airport in Rwanda, you will be met by our representative for the transfer to the hotel in Kigali for Dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Transfer to Ruhengeri in Volcanoes national park
After breakfast, leave Entebbe/Kigali to reach Ruhengeri at the gate of Parc National des Volcans. The journey is full of beautiful sceneries, through the cultivated terraced hills of Rwanda. Dinner and overnight at Gorilla Nest Camp or Muhabura Hotel.
Day 3: Mountains Gorilla tracking
Early morning you enter the gorilla sanctuary of Parc National des Volcans, the rain tropical forest covering the hills surrounding Virunga Volcanoes. Trekking is a demanding but rewarding experience. Ensure you bring with you enough water and the packed lunch. The time spent in the forest depends on the movements of the primates in their natural environment. After the activity, you return at leisure to Gorilla Nest Camp or Muhabura Hotel in Ruhengeri for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: The beach of Lake Kivu in Gisenyi
After breakfast, leave Ruhengeri and proceed to Gisenyi, a pretty town located on the shores of beautiful Lake Kivu, the main water body of Rwanda. Relax on the beach on full board at Kivu Hotel or Palm Beach Hotel.
Day 5: Traditions and culture of Rwanda
After breakfast, transfer to Nyungwe National Park. You will have a stopover in Nyanza for a tour of the royal palace of the traditional king of Rwanda, the Mwami. A storyteller is available to narrate for you the prowess of the pre-colonial Kingdom. After the palace tour, drive to Butare for a tour of the National Museum. After lunch proceeds to Gikongoro for a tour of the Genocide Memorial of Murambi. Arrive in Nyungwe National Park in time for dinner and overnight at ORTPN Guest House.
Day 6: The primates of Nyungwe National Park
After an early breakfast, you enter Nyungwe forest for trekking in search of the numerous troops of Colobus monkeys and/or tracking the chimpanzee. Nyungwe is a vast, uncontaminated rain tropical forest over 1000 sq km in size and you will be amazed by such intense, green mountain vegetation. Ensure you carry with you a packed lunch and water for a picnic lunch. Return to ORTPN Guest House for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Akagera National Park
After breakfast, depart for Akagera National Park located along the Tanzanian border of Rwanda. You reach in time for the evening game drive. This park is famous for its herds of game animals including Burchell’s Zebra, lions, elephants, topi, giraffes, impalas, and over 425 species of birds including the shoe-billed stock, African jacana, sacred ibis goliath heron. Dinner and overnight at Akagera Game Lodge.
Day 8: Game drive in the Akagera National Park
Early morning game drives along with the trials of Akagera. As an optional activity, you can board the boat for exploring the water of Lake Ihema to see a large number of hippos, the huge Nile crocodile, and birds. In the afternoon drive back to Kigali for dinner and overnight at Serena Kigali Hotel.
Day 9: Reserved for departure flights from Kigali International Airport.
End of 9 Days Best Rwanda Safari Tour
Tariff per person (including gorilla tracking):
The tariff includes:
- Accommodation in hotels or lodge, in double room, full board treatment, included one soft drink for the meals
- All the transfer in private means 4×4 Land Cruiser or minibus
- English speaking Driver/Guide
- Entrance fees, taxes and “gorilla permit”
The tariff does not include:
- Air ticket.
- Tourist insurance
- Entrance visas: 30 USD for Uganda directly from Entebbe Int. Airport; 85 USD for Rwanda directly at the border
- Extra drinks and tips.
- Everything not directly mentioned in the program itinerary.
Terms and Conditions
- We require a deposit of 50% of the total tour cost for the clients to safeguard the reservations and gorilla permits.
- The balance should be paid 1 month prior to the arrival.
- For bookings coming one month before departure, we shall require the full payment of the tour costs.
- The payment is made by international money transfer to the company bank account in Uganda.
- Tour tariffs are based on all known costs and rates of exchange at the time of the transfer, any significant changes beyond will be immediately communicated to our clients.
- We also retain the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. We also retain the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if that person causes or is deemed to cause hazard or inconvenience to other clients and to our environment and ecosystems.
- Please note that in Uganda US dollar banknotes series before year 2006 are accepted only with a low exchange rate, therefore clients are advised to travel to Uganda with more recent banknotes series. The same applies to banknotes below 50 USD.